Senior Manager – Software Engineering
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading, and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
As a Senior Manager within Fidelity Digital Assets, you will lead a team of software engineers in the delivery of both business and technical initiatives for a suite of applications that fall under the remit of our Asset team. This is a delivery lead role where you will work closely with product owners, scrum masters, architects, and engineering teams to deliver high quality technology solutions to meet our customer needs.
You will also be responsible for growing and developing a high performing team, and creating a culture focused on learning and talent development, and innovative delivery. You will be part of a hardworking, dynamic, innovation focused team working with groundbreaking technologies in an exciting business domain
The Expertise You Have
- Demonstrated leadership skills & strong delivery skills in a fast-paced environment
- Significant project, planning and delivery expertise using Agile
- An understanding of software development and modern software development practices such as test automation, CI/CD, containerization, etc.
- A passion for talent development, and experience in building high performing teams
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent
- 8 + years of relevant experience in people management, business planning, technology & software development
- Experience in the Financial Services Sector an advantage
The Skills You Bring
- Strong background in leading software delivery for key business initiatives
- Experience in applying Agile delivery processes to maximize business value
- Strongly experienced in partnering with business and technology stakeholders to plan and execute on the highest priority work as well as supporting engineering teams in meeting deliverables
- Experience in release management and co-ordination across multiple projects
- Strong communication, customer facing and relationship management skills
- People management experience where you were responsible for hiring, performance management and career development of engineering associates
The Value You Deliver
- Collaborates with Product Management to understand business requirements for upcoming Roadmap Initiatives
- Drives the definition of solutions for these Initiatives with Architects & Technical Leads
- Works with the Software Engineering Team to iteratively deliver quality solutions for these Initiatives to our customers
- Works with Product Management & Scrum Masters to accurately report up progress, issues, and risks for the Initiative during delivery phase
- Promotes engineering best practices, architectural standards, and consistency
- Provides outstanding support, including on-call support when necessary
- Works with their Scrum Master on improving cycle time and throughput for the team
- Monitors team effectiveness and addresses issues affecting team productivity
- Guides and mentors team members on personal growth and career progression
Why Fidelity Digital Assets?
Fidelity Digital Assets embraces an entrepreneurial culture and startup mindset while serving as one of the most innovative business units within Fidelity Investments. Our global, diverse team of 130+ forward-thinking professionals lead with agility and creativity to build solutions that bridge the gap between traditional institutional investors and their exposure to digital assets. The firm’s tenure and experience across multiple business lines present our employees with unprecedented access to knowledge, technology, and resources that help our team reshape the future of finance.
Learn more at http://fidelitydigitalassets.com.
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. Fidelity Digital Assets leverages the operational and technical expertise of the broader Fidelity organization with the unique capabilities of blockchain technology to deliver a completely new offering for institutional investors. Fidelity is one of the world’s largest and most diversified financial services providers with more than $7 trillion in client assets under administration.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East). For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityInvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.