Senior Engineering Manager
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading, and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum.
As a Senior Engineering Manager within Fidelity Digital Assets, you will lead a team of engineers in the delivery of both business and technical initiatives for a suite of applications that fall under the remit of our Asset team. This is a delivery lead role where you will work closely with product owners, scrum masters, architects, and engineering teams to deliver high quality technology solutions to meet our customer needs.
You will also be responsible for growing and developing a high performing engineering team, who are driven and autonomous in nature. You will support the development of a healthy team culture that retains your team members and encourages their professional development and career aspirations.
The Asset Team is responsible for the backend services and APIs that support transfers of digital assets, wires and our Custody as a Service offering. Additionally, the team maintains a third-party accounting platform and a position service.
Software development background in one or more technologies such as Java, Cloud, Relational databases, queues, etc.
An understanding of modern software development practices such as infrastructure as code, test automation, CI/CD, containerization, etc.
Demonstrates effective leadership skills & strong delivery skills in a fast-paced environment using agile methodologies
A solid foundation in software development – bachelor’s degree + preferred, 10 years’ experience
Strong background in leading software delivery for key business initiatives
Experience in applying Agile delivery processes to maximize business value
People management experience where you were responsible for hiring, performance management and career development of engineering associates
Drives the definition of solutions for these Initiatives with Architects & Technical Leads
Works with the Asset Engineering Team to iteratively deliver quality solutions for these Initiatives to our customers
Works with Product Management & Scrum Masters to accurately report up progress, issues, and risks for the Initiative during delivery phase
Promotes engineering best practices, architectural standards, and consistency
Provides outstanding support, including on-call support when necessary
Manages technology vendor relationships
Works with their Scrum Master on improving cycle time and throughput for the team
Monitors team effectiveness and addresses issues affecting team productivity
Guides and mentors team members on personal growth and career progression
Why Fidelity Digital Assets?
Fidelity Digital Assets embraces an entrepreneurial culture and startup mindset while serving as one of the most innovative business units within Fidelity Investments. Our global, diverse team of 130+ forward-thinking professionals lead with agility and creativity to build solutions that bridge the gap between traditional institutional investors and their exposure to digital assets. The firm’s tenure and experience across multiple business lines present our employees with unprecedented access to knowledge, technology, and resources that help our team reshape the future of finance.
Fidelity Digital Assets, a Fidelity Investments Company, is developing a full-service enterprise-grade platform for storing, trading and servicing digital assets, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. Fidelity Digital Assets leverages the operational and technical expertise of the broader Fidelity organization with the unique capabilities of blockchain technology to deliver a completely new offering for institutional investors. Fidelity is one of the world’s largest and most diversified financial services providers with more than $7 trillion in client assets under administration.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East). For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityInvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity Ireland sea change
Benefits Developed for You
From the little things that make every day better to those big-picture, life-changing tools. That’s exactly what you’ll get at Fidelity. We have an amazing package of benefits and programs designed to help you thrive in Ireland – both in and outside of work.
- 100% company-paid pension
- Ranging 5-24% based on age/service
- 100% company-paid healthcare
- Includes coverage for you, your spouse/partner and eligible dependents
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Our employee-run networks are at the heart of who we are. They span a wide range of distinct and vibrant areas of interest — each one grounded in mutual respect, driven by knowledge sharing, and open to all associates – empowering everyone to bring their whole selves to work.
- Asian Employee Resource Group
- Aspire – Latinx and Black Fidelity Associates
- Fidelity Pride (LGBTQ+)
- Women’s Leadership Group
- Fidelity Enable – Building Inclusive Work Environments
- Women in Technology Special Interest Group
- Raise – Working Parents & Caregivers
- Provides options to meet changing work-life needs.
- Part-time opportunities.
- Remote work options.
- Compressed working week.
- Earn a bonus for helping to bring top talent to Fidelity Ireland.
Committed to Continuous Learning
At Fidelity, we are constantly adapting to the changing needs of our customers, new technologies, and better ways of working. And we empower our employees to do the same, with an emphasis on developing skills that will help propel you forward in your career while being able to make an impact for Fidelity’s customers around the world.
We offer a wide range of options including online, in-person, and mentor driven solutions – as well as learning days and job shadow opportunities to expose you to new elements of our business to broaden your experience.
- Pursue excellence in new coding languages or tech applications across a broad range of technical paths.
- Tuition reimbursement for online or in-person course work in pursuit of new certifications.
- Utilize the skills of experienced leaders to enrich your career.
- Focused on both technical and managerial competencies.
- Dedicated mentors to help you grow into new areas of Fidelity’s business as you develop new skills.
- Opportunities to pay it forward, sharing the knowledge you develop and as you help others define how they want their career to take shape.
- Online, video-based training that covers a broad range of technology, leadership, and management topics.
- Access to thousands of the latest and most relevant business books – all summarized in just a few pages.
- Train from your own desk, or from the comfort of your home.
Fidelity Ireland creates a work environment for people to flourish
Connected to Our Communities
At every level of our organization, you’ll find people who are committed to doing their part to make the world a better place. We host events, volunteer time, and encourage others to get involved in an effort to make an impact in the lives of others in their community.
- Started to provide associates with opportunities to actively volunteer and share their many talents.
- Host numerous company-wide volunteer events.
- Partner with a number of non-profits to support our local communities.
- More than 12,000 associates donate time annually – from interns to SVPs.
Impact by the Numbers
We’ve been able to make an impact for 775 students across 40 schools and we’ve put in roughly 400 hours of volunteer time.
- In our 20th year of partnership.
- Delivery of primary and secondary school STEM programs; In-class STEM programs, Careers for Girls, Astro Pi, UX Design, Project Management Skills & more.
- In 2019, Fidelity volunteers impacted 1900 students across 28 schools through various STEM educational programs.
Galway Science & Tech
- Over 10 years sponsoring the event.
- Week long STEM events and activities for students from primary and secondary schools, reaching over 10,000 students annually.
- Fidelity associates share career stories with students and showcase emerging technologies and fun STEM activities for students at the annual Science and Technology Exhibition.