Principal Software Engineer – Asset Management Equity Technology
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Principal Software Engineer to work in a new delivery team within Fidelity Ireland’s Asset Management Technology group. Our team is responsible for designing, developing & implementing products for Equity Trading, leveraging Cloud Infrastructure.
The Expertise we’re looking for
- You care deeply about doing excellent work with excellent people.
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent and you want to learn more.
- Minimum 10 years of design & development experience.
- You are proficient in Java, Spring (Core and SpringBoot), RESTful services, Angular or similar as well as the usual DevOps enablers like Maven, Jenkins and Stash
- Experience with messaging and streaming platforms is desirable
- Experience with integration frameworks is desirable
- Building Continuous Integration pipelines, trying novel practices and investing in an automated deployment suite.
- Experience with API Design including versioning, isolation and micro-services.
- Previous exposure to AWS a strong advantage
- Investment Management business insight would be great but again is not required.
The Purpose of your Role
We will welcome you onto an agile track that is at the forefront of engineering in Asset Management Technology with a high level of focus on TDD, ATDD, Continuous Integration/Delivery and engineering excellence. We want to work with an engineer who is versatile, always eager to take on new problems and share solutions as we push the technology forward. Working independently as well as collaboratively, it is really paramount for this person to have a positive ‘can-do’ approach to teamwork.
The Skills You Bring
- Having excellent analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to run with multiple tasks at a given time.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to your team.
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the team.
- You thrive in a team environment, collaborating openly and actively contributing to how work gets completed.
- You are able to act independently under general direction.
- Familiarity with event driven and service oriented processing is desired.
The Value you Deliver
- Deliver high quality, timely, cost effective and maintainable software solutions in an agile environment to meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Actively contribute to evangelize engineering practices such as code and design reviews and the definition of source control strategy, environment strategy, and build and deployment pipeline.
- Work with product owner, technical leads and architect as required to influence technical improvements to the platform.
- Develop a keen understanding of the business domain you are working on and actively participate in technology discussions with business partners and other external parties.
- Investigate creative practices and share them with your team-mates.
How Your work Impacts the Organization
The position aligns to Equity Technology division of Asset Management Technology (AMT) which provides technology and support to the Portfolio Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions based in Boston. This project is the building blocks for the next generation of applications required to support our business partners, as they look to expand their investments.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East). For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityInvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity Ireland sea change
Benefits Developed for You
From the little things that make every day better to those big-picture, life-changing tools. That’s exactly what you’ll get at Fidelity. We have an amazing package of benefits and programs designed to help you thrive in Ireland – both in and outside of work.
- 100% company-paid pension
- Ranging 5-24% based on age/service
- 100% company-paid healthcare
- Includes coverage for you, your spouse/partner and eligible dependents
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Our employee-run networks are at the heart of who we are. They span a wide range of distinct and vibrant areas of interest — each one grounded in mutual respect, driven by knowledge sharing, and open to all associates – empowering everyone to bring their whole selves to work.
- Asian Employee Resource Group
- Aspire – Latinx and Black Fidelity Associates
- Fidelity Pride (LGBTQ+)
- Women’s Leadership Group
- Fidelity Enable – Building Inclusive Work Environments
- Women in Technology Special Interest Group
- Raise – Working Parents & Caregivers
- Provides options to meet changing work-life needs.
- Part-time opportunities.
- Remote work options.
- Compressed working week.
- Earn a bonus for helping to bring top talent to Fidelity Ireland.
Committed to Continuous Learning
At Fidelity, we are constantly adapting to the changing needs of our customers, new technologies, and better ways of working. And we empower our employees to do the same, with an emphasis on developing skills that will help propel you forward in your career while being able to make an impact for Fidelity’s customers around the world.
We offer a wide range of options including online, in-person, and mentor driven solutions – as well as learning days and job shadow opportunities to expose you to new elements of our business to broaden your experience.
- Pursue excellence in new coding languages or tech applications across a broad range of technical paths.
- Tuition reimbursement for online or in-person course work in pursuit of new certifications.
- Utilize the skills of experienced leaders to enrich your career.
- Focused on both technical and managerial competencies.
- Dedicated mentors to help you grow into new areas of Fidelity’s business as you develop new skills.
- Opportunities to pay it forward, sharing the knowledge you develop and as you help others define how they want their career to take shape.
- Online, video-based training that covers a broad range of technology, leadership, and management topics.
- Access to thousands of the latest and most relevant business books – all summarized in just a few pages.
- Train from your own desk, or from the comfort of your home.
Fidelity Ireland creates a work environment for people to flourish
Connected to Our Communities
At every level of our organization, you’ll find people who are committed to doing their part to make the world a better place. We host events, volunteer time, and encourage others to get involved in an effort to make an impact in the lives of others in their community.
- Started to provide associates with opportunities to actively volunteer and share their many talents.
- Host numerous company-wide volunteer events.
- Partner with a number of non-profits to support our local communities.
- More than 12,000 associates donate time annually – from interns to SVPs.
Impact by the Numbers
We’ve been able to make an impact for 775 students across 40 schools and we’ve put in roughly 400 hours of volunteer time.
- In our 20th year of partnership.
- Delivery of primary and secondary school STEM programs; In-class STEM programs, Careers for Girls, Astro Pi, UX Design, Project Management Skills & more.
- In 2019, Fidelity volunteers impacted 1900 students across 28 schools through various STEM educational programs.
Galway Science & Tech
- Over 10 years sponsoring the event.
- Week long STEM events and activities for students from primary and secondary schools, reaching over 10,000 students annually.
- Fidelity associates share career stories with students and showcase emerging technologies and fun STEM activities for students at the annual Science and Technology Exhibition.