Senior Software Quality Engineer
We have an opening for a Senior Software Quality Engineer to join the Fidelity Institutional Business Enablement Technology (FIBET) team. You will be part of a team that delivers high quality solutions that enable our client relationship business partners to be efficient and effective in serving the needs of their clients.
The Expertise we Are Looking For:
- 5+ years’ experience in software quality engineering
- Experience with test automation tools and frameworks such as Cucumber, BDD, Selenium
- Familiar in some of the following: Java, Jenkins, Salesforce
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Able to work under minimum supervision and be a team player
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
The Purpose of Your Role
- As part of a scrum team made up of other software engineers, software quality engineers and systems analysts, you will contribute to the QA automation strategy for our applications, to enable rapid delivery of key customer features
- You will work collaboratively with engineering and business colleagues to help define acceptance criteria
- Analyse and report test results, project tracking and product release readiness
The Skills You Bring
- Understand all aspects of testing (unit testing, acceptance testing, etc.)
- Promote Agile development practices
- Resolve issues proactively and/or identify approaches to solutions
- Actively participate in all facets of the delivery process
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative in your approach, actively contributing to how work gets completed
- Work independently with minimal oversight
The Value You Deliver
- Focus on customer: Demonstrate understanding of customer's business domain.
- Continuously improve technical competency: Demonstrate knowledge and application of current technologies.
- Model Fidelity's Values: Honesty & Integrity, Employee Respect, Quality & Excellence
How Your Work Impacts the Organisation
The FIBET business is working continuously to provide enhanced features which will improve the customer experience by providing a stable and secure CRM system.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East). For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityInvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
Fidelity Ireland sea change
Benefits Developed for You
From the little things that make every day better to those big-picture, life-changing tools. That’s exactly what you’ll get at Fidelity. We have an amazing package of benefits and programs designed to help you thrive in Ireland – both in and outside of work.
- 100% company-paid pension
- Ranging 5-24% based on age/service
- 100% company-paid healthcare
- Includes coverage for you, your spouse/partner and eligible dependents
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
Our employee-run networks are at the heart of who we are. They span a wide range of distinct and vibrant areas of interest — each one grounded in mutual respect, driven by knowledge sharing, and open to all associates – empowering everyone to bring their whole selves to work.
- Asian Employee Resource Group
- Aspire – Latinx and Black Fidelity Associates
- Fidelity Pride (LGBTQ+)
- Women’s Leadership Group
- Fidelity Enable – Building Inclusive Work Environments
- Women in Technology Special Interest Group
- Raise – Working Parents & Caregivers
- Provides options to meet changing work-life needs.
- Part-time opportunities.
- Remote work options.
- Compressed working week.
- Earn a bonus for helping to bring top talent to Fidelity Ireland.
Committed to Continuous Learning
At Fidelity, we are constantly adapting to the changing needs of our customers, new technologies, and better ways of working. And we empower our employees to do the same, with an emphasis on developing skills that will help propel you forward in your career while being able to make an impact for Fidelity’s customers around the world.
We offer a wide range of options including online, in-person, and mentor driven solutions – as well as learning days and job shadow opportunities to expose you to new elements of our business to broaden your experience.
- Pursue excellence in new coding languages or tech applications across a broad range of technical paths.
- Tuition reimbursement for online or in-person course work in pursuit of new certifications.
- Utilize the skills of experienced leaders to enrich your career.
- Focused on both technical and managerial competencies.
- Dedicated mentors to help you grow into new areas of Fidelity’s business as you develop new skills.
- Opportunities to pay it forward, sharing the knowledge you develop and as you help others define how they want their career to take shape.
- Online, video-based training that covers a broad range of technology, leadership, and management topics.
- Access to thousands of the latest and most relevant business books – all summarized in just a few pages.
- Train from your own desk, or from the comfort of your home.
Fidelity Ireland creates a work environment for people to flourish
Connected to Our Communities
At every level of our organization, you’ll find people who are committed to doing their part to make the world a better place. We host events, volunteer time, and encourage others to get involved in an effort to make an impact in the lives of others in their community.
- Started to provide associates with opportunities to actively volunteer and share their many talents.
- Host numerous company-wide volunteer events.
- Partner with a number of non-profits to support our local communities.
- More than 12,000 associates donate time annually – from interns to SVPs.
Impact by the Numbers
We’ve been able to make an impact for 775 students across 40 schools and we’ve put in roughly 400 hours of volunteer time.
- In our 20th year of partnership.
- Delivery of primary and secondary school STEM programs; In-class STEM programs, Careers for Girls, Astro Pi, UX Design, Project Management Skills & more.
- In 2019, Fidelity volunteers impacted 1900 students across 28 schools through various STEM educational programs.
Galway Science & Tech
- Over 10 years sponsoring the event.
- Week long STEM events and activities for students from primary and secondary schools, reaching over 10,000 students annually.
- Fidelity associates share career stories with students and showcase emerging technologies and fun STEM activities for students at the annual Science and Technology Exhibition.