Fidelity’s Asset Management Technology (AMT) team is seeking a Director of Architecture who will design, drive, evaluate, recommend and innovate solutions and technology for Global Asset Allocation IT Products.
In this Architect role within AMT, you are responsible for driving technology strategy and architecture across a range of new and existing capabilities. You will provide leadership to the product teams through architecture designs, adoption of emerging standards, collaboration with key partners, and evaluations and recommendations of Cloud solutions. You will also collaborate with other fellow architects to contribute to and influence architecture patterns, standards and practices.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience as an Application Architect in Financial Services.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
This is an important role in the Asset Management Technology Architecture organization, and we seek an outstanding individual who will bring depth of functional and business experience, along with the personal qualities well suited for the challenge.
Specifically, the successful candidate should possess the following:
- Strong technical foundation; including an undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field, ideally combined with advanced technical degree. Knowledge of the financial industry and portfolio management concepts is a plus.
- Depth of knowledge in architecture and an ability to translate business objectives into technology solutions. Experience in a wide array of architecture patterns including architecting highly performant systems, APIs, data architecture and security architectures. Knowledge of cloud architecture patterns, and the cloud platforms and capabilities.
- Strong development and process methodology discipline expertise. The successful candidate will lead the definition and adoption of architecture engagement models and SDLC best practices, while promoting and communicating their value proposition.
- Experience in cloud technologies and practices. Building applications using services such as AWS S3, EC2, Lambda, CloudFormation. Experience with containers and well-grounded in the knowledge of engineering and continuous delivery practices.
- Passionate about technology and its application to solve intricate problems in asset management. Experience in the application of diverse technologies including batch processing, transaction processing, messaging and workflow architectures, and experience with Oracle RDBMS required.
- An intelligent and intellectually curious personality is expected. The successful candidate must be able to foster ideas, innovate, and assess strategic options. The candidate should have the intellectual bandwidth to drive effective dialogue with business partners, using a fact-driven approach to build credibility.
- A strategic thinker who is able to foster creativity and innovative thinking.
- A strong influencer who can integrate effectively into the culture. Have the facilitation skills combined with a results orientation to foster ideas, analyze business opportunities and drive execution.
- Have organizational savvy and maturity to work effectively across different organizational units and business groups.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead cross-team collaboration and partnerships, while communicating to a variety of internal and external constituencies.
The Purpose of Your Role
Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. AMT has over 1,500 associates in Fidelity locations across the United States, Ireland, and India supporting the Asset Management business. The Global Asset Allocation division has $550m assets under management.
This position will have responsibility for directing the vision, direction and leadership of architecture for initiatives in Global Asset Allocation.
The role also requires collaboration and interaction opportunities with architects across the firm in forums like TAGx as well as external to Fidelity (e.g. industry consortia and solution/vendor interactions).
This person will be a mentoring architect with soft skills to collaborate with the Vice President of Investment Architecture (business role), Directors, architects and development leads spanning a breadth of technology and business experiences.
He/she is also expected to advise and work under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets on behalf AMT Architecture and the delivery teams.
The Skills You Bring
- 12+ years’ experience in of software development and Large Systems Architecture.
- Demonstrated architecture and personal leadership experience
- A track record of critical problem solving and advanced technical troubleshooting to drive resolution to technical issues
- Experience in proposing blueprints and roadmaps and collaboratively defining solutions and their enabling architectures. Ability to identify integration patterns and points between design areas.
- Knowledge and expertise in cloud technology
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- Experience with DevOps and ALM tools like Git, Jenkins, uDeploy, Artifactory, Sonar, Jira.
- Significant background in solving complex technology challenges
- Knowledge and expertise in Relational Databases would be a real plus
The Value You Deliver
- Development of sound, well-architected solutions, articulate their benefits, demonstrate a solid understanding of application, data and infrastructure architecture expertise and systems design.
- Collaboration with business and IT leadership teams to outline the benefits and challenges of implementing and transitioning to the future architecture. Being a business problem solver capable of translating business needs into technology solutions.
- Working closely with the architecture group and delivery teams to organize and participate in architecture reviews, develop best practices and insure adherence to standards, roadmaps and the IT Blueprint.
- Proactive monitoring of industry trends ensuring that Fidelity Investments continues to be a leader in delivering high quality IT solutions to its Asset Management business. Ensuring that Fidelity Investments is well positioned against its competitors and that the clients and shareholders are well served.
- Advocacy for architecture, internally and externally. Evangelization of the architecture mission through consistent communication and strong listening and persuasion skills. Facilitation of consensus across a diverse group of independent minded colleagues. Leading the overall definition of the architecture competency, promoting the engagement model and communicating the overall architecture value proposition.
- Be a part of a world-class architecture team. Foster teamwork and a spirit of collaboration among team members both onshore and offshore as well as with business partners while conveying a sense of urgency and responsiveness to meet business needs.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
You will be contributing directly to the development of a Platform that supports all of Fidelity’s Global Asset Allocation Investment Professionals.
Fidelity Investments is one of the world's largest providers of financial services. Fidelity offers investment management, retirement planning, brokerage, and human resources and benefits outsourcing services to over 20 million individuals and institutions as well as thousands of financial intermediary firms. The firm is the largest mutual fund company in the United States, the No. 1 provider of workplace retirement savings plans, the largest mutual fund supermarket, a leading online brokerage firm and one of the largest providers of custody and clearing services to financial professionals.
Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1,200 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East).
For information about working at Fidelity, visit www.fidelityinvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East). For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityInvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.