Strategic Advisors Technology (SAT) is looking for an experienced Analyst to work on one of the most strategic programs in Fidelity. The role involves facilitating requirement sessions with business partners, articulating business requirements and working within the technology organization to deliver new features/functionality. We are looking for a self-driven individual who possesses excellent business acumen and continually strives to advance quality excellence.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Provide business and systems analysis for an agile scrum team on complex projects.
- Facilitate business discovery and communicate complex business needs into clear actionable systems requirements through research and evaluation of alternative solutions.
- Passionate about understanding user business flows with a proven track record for using this knowledge to create comprehensive analysis proposals and test cases for supporting systems.
- Experience of the Financial Industry (Asset Management) strongly desired.
- Experience in writing user stories & working with business partners to elicit requirements.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Finance from an accredited college/university and at least five years demonstrated work experience in Business or Systems Analysis.
The Purpose of Your Role
As a member of the systems analyst/product owner team you will contribute to the delivery of new features/functionality that supports the growing Managed Accounts business. You will work closely with other analysts, product managers, engineers, and architects to define the right solution. You’ll use your critical thinking skills to develop user acceptance tests for the business use cases.
The Skills You Bring
- You can run effective requirements gathering sessions with business stakeholders, using a variety of methods to elicit and understand needs e.g. process flows, user journey mapping
- You can conceptualize and capture a problem or feature need and leverage different methods to convey the requirement to engineers and business partners e.g. process models, data models
- You have a strong understanding of principles of good software design and can work with engineers and architects to craft an optimal solution approach
- You are able to summarize up scope and status to business partners & senior leaders
- You have strong attention-to-detail and work effectively with developers, business analysts, and system administrators as part of an agile team.
- You have excellent collaboration skills and can work with other analysts in multiple locations.
- You are comfortable with having trade off conversations with business partners.
- You are experienced in coordinating and running User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions, along with developing and managing content to support end-user training.
- You are experienced in data analysis using SQL. If you can read and interpret data models that would be great!
The Value You Deliver
- By understanding the business needs and being the primary link to the development team, you will help to deliver strategic software for the enterprise.
- You will be a key member of an Agile team, providing leadership and direction to help make it a great team
- You will provide an important role in the delivery of strategic software solutions in a key area of the business.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Fidelity Asset Management Technology provides worldwide technology and support to all the Portfolio Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. Asset Management Technology is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enables the business to achieve competitive advantage globally.
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Fidelity established an Ireland presence in 1996 and we currently employ 1000 staff across IT and shared services, with offices in Dublin (City West) and Galway (Parkmore East). For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityInvestments.ie.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.